Evergreen Fellowship 常綠團契

Welcome to join Evergreen!! Evergreen is an International Bilingual Christian Fellowship. A fine place to know more about Christian faith and yourself - with new friends and have fun here. ; ★Time: Saturday 18:00-20:00 ; ★Location: Grace Baptist Church (90, Sec. 3, Hsin Sheng South Road, Taipei) ; ★Contact: Winny Kuo, Vivian Chu; e-mail: evergreen_taipei@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

*** The Grace Factor

Author: Irma Pennington

Scripture References: James 4:6 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Verse Text: James 4:6: But He gives us more grace. 2Corinthians 12:9-10: But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

"Have you ever felt sorry for a blind person walking, cane in hand, down the street? I have. I would probably say something like, "Oh would you look at that? It's just so sad. Just imagine not being able to see--not a beautiful flower, not a blue sky. Oh, I would simply die!" And yet, I wonder how this person can have such a great attitude. I mean, he's out there living his life and seems joyful even--more joyful than me at that moment anyway.

I believe I've come to learn the secret to this being-able-to-handle-life-as-it-comes attitude. You see, we don't have to feel sorry for these people--not at all. And we don't have to fear for ourselves either when life becomes unbearable. God promises that He will indeed give us the exact amount of grace at the exact time that we need it to handle any particular situation. There is but one important requirement--that we humble ourselves before God and receive it. This is essential. We must first come to Him.

Thus, in order to keep fear at bay when we're faced with a trial, we must always remember to run to the Souce of that all-sufficient grace, our merciful Father, who cares for us more than we can ever imagine. This, truly, will enable us to live life unafraid and under the power of the "Grace Factor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home